Commercial Real Estate Outlook
Download (PDF 1.33MB)
NAR's latest Commercial Real Estate Outlook offers overall projections for four major commercial sectors and analyzes quarterly data in the office, industrial, retail and multifamily markets.
- Investment volume in LCRE (Large Cap Commercial Real Estate) markets continued into the third quarter of this year.
- While office sales were down 18 percent on a yearly basis—mostly due to a drop in CBD office transactions—suburban office sales rose.
- Meanwhile, the industrial sector posted strong sales volume, exceeding the prior peak set in the third quarter of 2007.
- However, the gains were outpaced by the 32 percent drop in retail sales during the third quarter.
- Commercial real estate in SCRE (Smal Cap Commercial Real Estate)markets continued to experience advances in investment sales, however the momentum moderated during the third quarter of 2017.
- Following on the first quarter's 4.4 percent decline and the second quarter's 4.4 percent increase in sales volume, REALTORS® reported sales volume rose 3.6 percent in the third quarter.