Commercial Real Estate Outlook
Download (PDF 2.02 MB)
NAR's latest Commercial Real Estate Outlook offers overall projections for four major commercial sectors and analyzes quarterly data in the office, industrial, retail and multifamily markets.
- NAR forecasts economic output to expand at a stronger pace of 3.0 percent in 2018.
- With economic output and employment trends continuing on an expansionary path, commercial fundamentals are expected to exhibit solid demand and increasing cash flows.
- Vacancy rates will likely provide mixed results, with multifamily undergoing growing availability from an expanding supply pipeline.
- Office and retail properties will likely see vacancies move sideways, while industrial spaces will find rent growth advancing at a steady pace.
- For commercial investments, the trends have already shown in pricing. Cap rates seem to have found a floor, and for some property types, have already begun to turn upward.