Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends
- At 35 percent, buyers 35 years and younger continue to be the largest generational group of home buyers with a median age of 30 years old.
- First-time buyers made up 32 percent of all home buyers, down from 33 percent last year.
- Sixty-seven percent of buyers 35 years and younger were first-time buyers, followed by buyers 36 to 50 years at 26 percent.
- The most common type of home purchased continues to be the detached single-family home, which made up 83 percent of all homes purchased.
- Eighty-nine percent of Millennials, 87 percent of Gen X buyers, and 85 percent of Younger Boomers purchased their home through an agent.
More About the Report
Take this course to learn more about the characteristics of the different generations of home buyers you work with, their expectations, and their communication preferences. The course offers generation-specific marketing tools, networking tips, scripts, and counseling strategies to help you improve your business.
This two-day training program offers real estate agents the unique opportunity to learn and build key skills in counseling adults age 50+ through selling their family home, buying rental property, moving to a senior community, among many other issues. This course fulfills the training requirement for the SRES designation.