2014 Q3 Commercial Real Estate Market Survey
The REALTORS® Commercial Real Estate Market Survey measures quarterly activity in the commercial real estate markets. The survey collects data from commercial REALTORS®. The survey is designed to provide an overview of market performance, sales and rental transactions, along with current economic challenges and future expectations.
2014.Q3 Survey Highlights:
- In line with the economic upswing, commercial REALTORS® reported market gains in the third quarter 2014.
- Sales of commercial properties rose 7.4 percent on a year-over-year basis, indicating accelerated investment activity.
- Price gains also accelerated, with properties trading at average prices 4.8 percent higher compared with the same period in 2013.
- The average transaction price remained level for the third consecutive quarter, at the $1.4 million mark. The shortage of available inventory retained its number one spot, as members reported not finding enough suitable properties.
- Demand for space increased, with leasing volume rising 2.7 percent over the second quarter.