A REALTOR® Member who has held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or both, for a cumulative period of forty (40) years is eligible for REALTOR® Emeritus status.
The new REALTOR® Emeritus eligibility criteria shall be implemented as follows:
In addition to the required forty (40) years of REALTOR® membership:
- Applications submitted in the years 2015 through 2019 will require proof of one (1) year of service* at the local, state, or National Association level.
- Applications submitted in 2020 and beyond will require proof of one (1) year of service* at the National Association level.
* “Service” is defined as serving as an officer, director, committee member, federal political coordinator, president’s liaison or regional coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.
- Application opens every year on January 15 until the April 2 deadline (for May approvals)
- Reopens June 15 until the October 2 deadline (for November approvals)
CLOSED — If you missed the deadline, you can come back January 15, 2019 to submit for approval at the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo held in Washington D.C. in May.
April 2, 2019 will be the next deadline to complete certification forms for REALTOR® Emeritus status. Certified REALTOR® Emeritus members do not pay dues to the National Association and are exempt from the NAR Code of Ethics Training requirement. Applications are online (see below) and must be filled out by the association. The dues waiver does not take effect until the following 'dues season'.
For applications filed through 2019, the one-year service requirement may also be met through service at the state or local level.
For more info, contact Mary Glick, 800-874-6500, ext. 8831.