Code of Ethics Training
NAR now offers three options for members to fulfill their Code of Ethics training requirement. Please choose one of the following:
1) Continuing Education (CE) Option, $29.95
- This course offers an estimated 3 credit hours of CE for $29.95
- View the list of states that grant CE credit
2) FREE Course for Existing Members
- Take this free course if you are an existing member to fulfill your training requirement
- Revamped course now available, includes new platform and specialized content for appraisers
3) FREE Course for New Members
- Take this free course if you are a new member to fulfill your training requirement
About the Training Requirement
REALTORS® are required to complete ethics training of not less than 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional time within four-year cycles. The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®.
The current four-year cycle will end Dec. 31, 2016.
Training may be completed through local REALTOR® associations or through another method, such as home study, correspondence, classroom courses, or online courses.
For Association Executives
- Prepare to offer training to members using the Code of Ethics Training Toolkit for AEs
- Find answers to common questions here: Q&A: Ethics Training Requirements for New and Continuing Members
- Graphics to promote the Code of Ethics Training requirement deadline