CHICAGO (November 6, 2017) — Elizabeth Mendenhall, a sixth-generation Realtor® from Columbia, Missouri was installed today as 2018 president of the National Association of Realtors® during the REALTORS® Conference & Expo in Chicago.
Mendenhall was NAR's 2017 president-elect and 2016 first vice president. She has been a Realtor® for 20 years and is CEO of RE/MAX Boone Realty. On the national level, Mendenhall currently serves on the Executive Committee and board of directors. She holds numerous designations and chaired NAR's Strategic Planning Committee in 2012, served as vice president of committees in 2011 and was the NAR liaison to association leadership in 2008. In 2010, Mendenhall served as president of Missouri Realtors®, and in 2003 she was elected president of the Columbia Board of Realtors® and was named their Realtor® of the Year.
John Smaby is 2018 NAR president-elect. Smaby is a second-generation Realtor® and has been in the industry for 38 years. He is a broker at Edina Realty in Edina, Minnesota, where he specializes in residential real estate. Smaby has held numerous positions nationally and with Minnesota Realtors®, where he served as president in 2015 and treasurer in 2013. In 2013, Smaby received Minnesota's Ed Anderson Political Achievement Award, and in 2014, he was named their Realtor® of the Year.
Vince Malta is 2018 first vice president. He is a third-generation Realtor® and CEO and broker of Malta & Co. Inc. in San Francisco. Malta has been in real estate for nearly 40 years and has served in countless roles. On the national level, he has testified before Congress multiple times on behalf of NAR, served on the board of directors since 2002, and was the 2011 vice president of government affairs. In 2002, Malta became a California Association of Realtors® honorary member for life, in 2006 he served as CAR president, and in 2007, he was awarded the state's Realtor® of the Year.
Thomas Riley, a Realtor® from Bedford, New Hampshire is the 2018 treasurer. He has been a Realtor® for more than 36 years and is president of Riley Enterprises Inc., specializing in residential and commercial real estate and property management. Riley was NAR treasurer in 2017 and chaired both the Finance Committee and the Reserve Investment Advisory Board. In 2015, he was NAR vice president for Region 1, serving Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Riley served as president of New Hampshire Realtors® in 2011 and president of the Greater Manchester/Nashua Board of Realtors® in 1998.
Colleen Badagliacco from Morgan Hill, California is 2018 NAR vice president, association affairs. She has been a Realtor® for nearly 40 years and is the broker/associate for Legacy Real Estate & Associates, where she specializes in single-family brokerage. Badagliacco holds numerous professional designations and in 2016 served as NAR's vice president for Region 13, comprised of California, Hawaii and Guam. She has been a member of the board of directors since 1995 and is a Realtor® Political Action Committee Hall of Fame member. The California Association of Realtors® elected her president in 2007, the same year Badagliacco was named as the state's Realtor® of the Year; the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors® elected her president in 1992.
Kenny Parcell is 2018 NAR vice president, government affairs. Parcell, a Realtor® for nearly 20 years, is from Salt Lake City, Utah, and is the director of business development for Equity Real Estate, where he specializes in single-family brokerage. Kenny served as an NAR liaison to committees in 2017, 2015, 2013 and 2012, and as vice president in 2016 for Region 11, representing Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. The Utah Association of Realtors® elected him president in 2011 and named him Realtor® of the Year in 2013. He served as president of the Utah County Association of Realtors® in 2008.
William E. Brown is 2018 immediate past president. He has been active in real estate for 36 years and is the founder of Investment Properties, a division of the family real estate business. Brown has served in numerous positions at the local, state and national levels, including as NAR's 2017 president, 2016 first vice president and 2015 president-elect. Brown was an NAR committee liaison in 2006 and 2011, and 2012 vice president for Region 13, comprised of California, Hawaii and Guam. In 2008, he served as the California Association of Realtors® president and was honored as Realtor® of the Year. Brown was elected president of the Oakland Association of Realtors® in 1984.
NAR's 2018 regional vice presidents are:
- Dave Wluka, Sharon, Massachusetts, Region 1: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont;
- Linda Page, Rhinebeck, New York, Region 2: New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania;
- Mark Mansour, Barboursville, West Virginia, Region 3: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia;
- Randall Thomas, Kingsport, Tennessee Region 4: Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee;
- Steven Fischer, Savannah, Georgia, Region 5: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands;
- John J. Lynch, Westlake, Ohio, Region 6: Michigan and Ohio;
- K.C. Maurer, Appleton, Wisconsin, Region 7: Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin;
- Dewey Uhlir, Fargo, North Dakota, Region 8: Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota;
- Jim Gamble, Overland Park, Kansas, Region 9: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma;
- Scott Kesner, El Paso, Texas, Region 10: Louisiana and Texas;
- Cathy Colvin, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Region 11: Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming;
- Collin Mullane, Talent, Oregon, Region 12: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington; and
- Beth Peerce, Los Angeles, California, Region 13: California, Hawaii and Guam.
The National Association of Realtors®, “The Voice for Real Estate,” is America's largest trade association, representing 1.3 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
# # #