WASHINGTON (March 5, 2015) – National Association of Realtors® members now have access to an additional benefit through a new choice for credit, the official REALTOR® credit card. The credit program, available to current and new members of the Realtors® Federal Credit Union, a division of Northwest Federal Credit Union, features cards with customized real estate-themed designs, exclusive Realtor® branding options and competitive interest rates.
“Through our partnership with the credit union, we’re able to offer an extremely attractive option for meeting the personal and business needs of our members,” says Bob Goldberg, NAR senior vice president for marketing and business development. “This program removes barriers our members may face from other banking institutions when seeking credit. We’re also pleased our members have access to a credit card that is branded with the Realtor® trademark, something unavailable anywhere else.”
The credit card offers competitive features that make it a perfect choice for Realtors®, association staff and their families, including:
- Personal credit and business credit cards: The cards offer competitive rates, no annual fee, no balance transfer fees and no cash advance fees. Through May 31, the credit union is running a balance transfer special. (Additional details can be found online at www.REALTORSfcu.org).
- Customized design: Realtors® can choose from a variety of design choices, including customized real estate-themed designs and Realtor® branding options specifically for residential or commercial practitioners. Additional design options that represent real estate and homeownership are available for family members and non-member association staff.
- Imprinted message: The card includes options to include an imprinted tagline or title below the cardholder’s name such as “Realtor®”, “Broker”, “Commercial Real Estate”, “Association Executive”, or “Homeownership Matters”.
- Rewards program: A full-featured rewards program allows cardholders to earn reward points for purchases and redeem for cash, travel, merchandise, event tickets, charity donations and more.
- Annual fee waiver: There is no annual fee for either the personal or business credit cards – a value of $85 on business (corporate) credit cards.
- Additional products: Secured credit cards are also available as part of the program.
“Our work with the credit union to offer this official REALTOR® credit card emphasizes NAR’s commitment to providing all members and association staff with the tools and resources to help them succeed in the real estate marketplace,” said NAR past president Martin Edwards, Jr., who serves as a director and member
representative on the Board of Directors for REALTORS® Federal Credit Union. “We are pleased to be able to offer to NAR members specializing in residential and commercial real estate, association staff and their family members a new choice in credit.”
Chris McDonald, president and CEO of REALTORS® Federal Credit Union said, “Since 2008, the REALTOR® Federal Credit Union has been providing banking services for NAR members, and we fully understand that real estate professionals come with a unique set of credit needs. We are excited to offer this new service to help Realtors® better manage their business and enhance their purchasing power.”
Visit www.REALTORSfcu.org for the most up-to-date information, to join the credit union and to apply for the REALTOR® credit card or call the credit union’s member service center at 866-295-6038
REALTORS® Federal Credit Union, a division of Northwest Federal Credit Union, is a member benefit offered by NAR and is a partner in the REALTOR Benefits® Program. NAR’s REALTOR Benefits® Program offers practical solutions for Realtors® on the products and services they use every day. The program includes offerings from over 30 companies in a variety of categories that are recognized as leaders in their respective industries.
The National Association of Realtors®, “The Voice for Real Estate,” is America’s largest trade association, representing 1 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
# # #