The Women’s Council of REALTORS® wants to inspire more women to take on leadership roles in the real estate industry through its Supporting Women of Real Estate grants, which provide local and state REALTOR® associations funding for new and innovative programs aimed at advancing women.
While women make up more than 60% of the real estate profession, they don’t hold nearly that same level of representation in leadership positions.
WCR recently announced 10 recipients of 2022 Supporting Women of Real Estate grants, which provide $2,500 each to help local and state associations organize one-day conferences that focus on encouraging more women leaders. “We are pleased to have worked with the National Association of REALTORS® over the past few years to provide over 30 REALTOR® associations grants that provide new and innovative programs focused on advancing women in the real estate industry,” says 2022 WCR President Sylvia Seabolt. “The program goals include inspiring women professionals to take on greater leadership roles in both business and organized real estate.”
This year’s grant recipients have numerous events planned in the hopes of sparking greater interest among women to elevate to leadership positions. Here’s what’s on tap for a few of the winners:
- The Placer County Association of REALTORS® in California is planning to host a one-day event that will feature a panel of women industry leaders who will share on topics like building a team, becoming a broker, running an office and creating a powerful support network of other REALTORS® for career advancement.
- The Prescott Area Association of REALTORS® in Arizona will host a one-day conference to celebrate the successes of its women leaders throughout the state and to inspire others by providing the opportunity to build greater professional relationships, including through a “speed networking” activity.
- The South Shore REALTORS® in Massachusetts will use its grant to host an event called “Women’s Leadership Symposium: Accelerate. Advance. Achieve.” The one-day event will feature sessions from successful women in real estate who will speak on the challenges, pitfalls and successes that have impacted their diverse career journeys. The sessions also will cover topics on leadership, public speaking, advocacy, showing value in negotiations, work-life balance and discrediting the superwoman “I-can-do-it-all” myth.
The Supporting Women of Real Estate grant recipients for 2022 are:
- Madera Association of REALTORS® (California)
- Oregon REALTORS®
- Pikes Peak Association of REALTORS® (Colorado)
- Placer County Association of REALTORS® (California)
- Prescott Area Association of REALTORS® (Arizona)
- Richmond Association of REALTORS® (Virginia)
- South Carolina REALTORS®
- South Shore REALTORS® (Massachusetts)
- Spokane Association of REALTORS® (Washington)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Association of REALTORS® (Washington)