NAR CEO Search Update
Working with the search firm Heidrick & Struggles, NAR's CEO Search Committee has finalized the CEO position description. The new CEO will replace Dale Stinton, who retires at the end of 2017 after 12 years in the role and 36 years with NAR. Email REALTORS@heidrick.com to submit an application.
To help develop the CEO position criteria, the Heidrick & Struggles team spoke with 48 individuals via phone and sent an online survey to an additional 88 individuals. Those surveyed included current and former association leaders, key staff, allied associations and representatives from the broad categories of members and industry. Heidrick & Struggles received 101 total responses. To date, 18 people have submitted comments to REALTORS@heidrick.com.
Survey participants provided feedback on the following topics:
- What is your relationship/experience with NAR and your knowledge of the mission and activities of the association?
- What are the important trends, opportunities and challenges in the industry and association NAR and its leaders need to address in the future?
- What does NAR do well?
- What about NAR doesn’t work as well as it should? Where should NAR put more/less attention?
- How do you perceive NAR's culture and how it will influence the new leader selection?
- What type of leader is needed?
- What experience/background, skills and talent are important in NAR’s next leader?
- What behavioral characteristics are important in NAR’s next leader?
- What transition challenges might the new CEO face? What will make his/her first months at the association a great start?
As Heidrick & Struggles receives applications, the firm will work with the search committee to select the most qualified applicants for the first round of committee interviews. Members of the committee are under confidentiality agreements and cannot disclose any information about individuals who have applied and are being considered for the position. It is the committee's targeted goal to have the new CEO in place for NAR’s Convention & Expo in Chicago in November 2017.