2018 Q4 Homeownership Opportunities and Market Experience (HOME) Survey
- In the fourth quarter of 2018, 63 percent of people believe that now is a good time to buy a home, which is consistent with the previous quarter and is the lowest percent recorded since the collection started in 2015.
- Thirty-four percent believe that strongly, and 29 percent believe that moderately.
- Only 37 percent of people believe that now is not a good time to buy a home.
- Seventy-three percent of people believe that now is a good time to sell a home, which is the lowest recorded since Q4 of last year. Small declines in the fourth quarter were also reported in 2016 and 2017.
- Twenty-seven percent believe that now is not a good time to sell a home.
- Sixty-three percent of people believe that prices have gone up within their communities in the last 12 months, which is a decrease from Q3 2018 at 70 percent.