Housing Opportunity Toolkit
The Making Affordable Housing Work: The Housing Opportunity Toolkit is a collection of resources and information for both individual REALTORS® and REALTOR® associations.
The Toolkit contains resources for REALTORS® on everything from short sales to helping buyers find homeownership assistance programs. Find classes and information on preventing foreclosures and much more.
Associations can obtain guidance on running housing fairs, symposiums and forums. Learn how to develop partnerships and find a variety of ways to create and sustain housing opportunities in your community.
Rich in ideas and resources, the Toolkit is designed to be a reference and working companion. It should prove valuable to those first addressing affordable housing in their communities and to those who have worked in the field for years.
There are two ways to view and use the Toolkit.
- Download the Housing Opportunity Toolkit (PDF: 1MB). Once it is downloaded, use either Adobe navigation tools or the links in the Table of Contents page to advance through the document. To return to the Table of Contents, click on the Making Affordable Housing Work logo in the upper right hand corner of any page.
- Click on the image below to view and search the Toolkit. Use the toolbar located at the bottom of the window to view the Toolkit in full screen mode or to zoom in or out. Use the Table of Contents page to advance through the document. To return to the Table of Contents page, click on the Making Affordable Housing Work logo in the upper right hand corner of any page.
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer 8, you may not be able to see the image below. If you would like to view and search the Toolkit, please try another browser like Firefox or Google Chrome.
Making Affordable Housing Work: The Housing Opportunity Toolkit
Table of Contents
- Federal Resources and Homeownership Programs
- Additional Resources and Homeownership Programs
- Consumer Education and Counseling Resources
- Resources on Foreclosure Prevention and Avoiding Foreclosure Scams
- Information About Short Sales
- Affordable Housing Research and Statistics
- NAR Classes
- Political Involvement
For REALTOR® Associations
- Conducting Housing Fairs
- Developing and Implementing Public Awareness and Media Campaigns
- Organizing an Affordable “Parade of Homes” Event
- Conducting Housing Symposiums/Summits
- Developing an Affordable Housing Certification Program for REALTORS®
- Community Involvement
- Working with Elected Officials
- Building Coalitions and Developing Partnerships With Private and Public Organizations
- Writing a Compelling Grant Application
- Identifying Additional Funding Sources
- Holding Affordable Housing Education Events for the Public
- Diversity’s Role in Affordable Housing
- Smart Growth’s Role in Affordable Housing
- Getting Started
- Organizations, Links and Descriptions