Leadership Summit Pitch Battle Application and Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
By applying to participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, attempting to participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, and/or using the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle and/or nar.realtor (“Site”), you agree to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are a legally binding agreement between you and NAR, with respect to the Leadership Summit, the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, and the Site.
NAR has the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, which modification will be effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, NAR recommends that You check this page periodically. To make Your periodic review more convenient, NAR will post a date at the bottom of this page.
Applicant must be willing to publicly share their Pitch, including but not limited to information and ideas with other REALTOR® associations.
Application must be submitted by a current REALTOR® Association Executive, President-elect, or Staff. Ideas may be made available to state and/or the national associations for vetting and legal purposes.
Applicant agrees to be available for a “Leadership Summit Pitch Battle” rehearsal, on site, the week of the Leadership Summit in Chicago, IL.
Applicant understands that they are not permitted to present material other than the pitch that was submitted for consideration.
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) will provide minimal equipment to deliver your “pitch” on site, limited to necessary equipment for a verbal presentation only. Use of PowerPoint, video or other presentation mediums and equipment will not be permitted.
Collection/Use of Contestant’s Information. As described in more detail below in these Terms and Conditions, NAR may ask each applicant for additional information to confirm that the applicant follows these Terms and Conditions and/or (if applicable) is eligible to receive prizes. Applicant’s failure to provide such information within the requested timeframe may render an applicant ineligible.
Please see NAR’s Privacy Statement for information about how NAR collects, uses, and discloses information you provide in the application and/or to participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle.
NAR offers no guarantee of confidentiality, either explicitly or implicitly, in connection with any data, materials or information submitted, presented, discussed, or pitched by an applicant and/or contestant.
An applicant should not participate if they require a non-disclosure agreement.
You should confirm with Your appropriate advisors and/or legal counsel anyone that any intellectual property described in Your application or in Your pitch is legally held or licensed by You, is non-infringing and appropriately protected. You should be prepared to provide reasonable back-up documentation for appropriate documentation if requested by NAR.
Any use of the REALTOR®, REALTORS® and REALTOR® Logo trademarks (the “REALTOR® Marks”) must comply with NAR’s trademark rules, which are described in full within NAR’s Member Membership Marks Manual and Association Membership Marks Manual. You acknowledge that NAR reserves the right to edit or modify any Pitch content submitted by you in order to remove any misuses of the REALTOR® Marks from the Pitch.
By registering and applying to participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, you agree to grant a license to NAR and judges to use your data, materials, and information shared in the application or to participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle without restriction to conduct any reasonable due diligence for purposes of evaluation of your application, recorded pitch, and carrying out the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle as described herein.
In addition, NAR will have the right to publicly post certain information about the final five selected contestants (“Contestants”), their live or recorded pitches, and their applications, including but not limited to your name and category of business and trademarks and logo, in public areas such as NAR’s websites, publications and other media, in NAR’s sole and absolute discretion.
How do You become eligible to win prizes? To be eligible to compete for the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle prizes, you complete an application, be a selected final contestant, and be registered for the Leadership Summit. As described in more detail below in these Terms and Conditions, the Pitch Battle winner may be required to provide any requested proof of eligibility and to sign additional paperwork to be formally declared the winner and claim prizes.
Other rules and terms for the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle:
- Contestants understand that their selection and participation in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle does not represent any approval, promotion or endorsement by the NAR of Contestants, their organization, products, services, statements, or ideas. Contestants must not imply, suggest, or make any representation of any approval or endorsement by NAR or association with NAR without NAR’s prior written consent.
- Contestants may not: use, or incorporate into their Pitch any inappropriate or unlawful content; take any action in violation of applicable laws or regulations, including trademark and copyright laws; provide information or materials about another person or third-party without appropriate authority or permission; interfere with, remove or modify any terms and conditions, content or other materials posted on the Site; attempt to collect or solicit information about other applicants, Contestants, Leadership Summit registrants or third parties without their expressly written consent; or send unsolicited mail, advertisements, or other similar promotional material using the Site.
- Contestant warrants that their Pitch materials will be original and that the materials used to develop the pitch materials will be original, in the public domain, or that Contestant has obtained an appropriate license to use any third-party materials in their Pitch.
- Contestant understands and agrees that photos, videos, recordings, and/or other statements may be taken during the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle. Contestant, including its Presenter, hereby grants NAR the perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to copy, use, display and publish the photos, any videotaped, photographed, and/or recorded materials in which Contestant or its Presenter appear in any online, electronic and/or print format (including but not limited any social media sites or platforms) for any educational and/or promotional purposes of NAR and/or its Leadership Summit vendors, contractors, content partners and/or sponsors.
- All information submitted by contestant to register for the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle must be true and correct. Contestant is responsible for keeping such information up-to-date.
- NAR may use certain third-party service providers (“Third Party Providers”) to support portions of the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle (including but not limited to registration services). Such Third-Party Providers may include, but are not necessarily limited to, Google Forms. By registering for the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle through a Third-Party Provider, the applicant agrees that you are responsible for reviewing the applicable terms and privacy policies of those Third-Party Providers and that NAR is not responsible for interactions between you and those Third-Party Providers.
- At any time, in the sole and absolute discretion of NAR, NAR will be entitled to disqualify a contestant and/or Presenter in the event of a failure to meet any requirement of the eligibility criteria or any other violation or suspected violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- NAR will determine participation eligibility, declare the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle winner (including but not limited to in the event of a tie), and award prizes in its sole and absolute discretion. Contestant agrees that such decisions are final and are not subject to review or reconsideration.
- Leadership Summit Pitch Battle prizes awarded are non-transferable, and any non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for cash. The ability to offer and provide, and for any Contestant to receive, any prize(s) are subject to applicable laws and regulations and to availability (including but not limited to all individual or entity donors or prospective donors having provided the relevant prizes and/or prize funding to NAR as anticipated).To the extent permitted under applicable laws and regulations, NAR may, in its discretion, arrange for certain prizes to be provided to the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle winner directly by third party prize donors rather than by NAR.
- NAR reserves the right to verify the identity and eligibility of all applicants, Contestants and its Presenters at any time. Without limiting the general nature of the prior sentence, prior to (and as a condition of) awarding any prizes, NAR in its sole and absolute discretion may require additional paperwork to be executed by the relevant Contestants and their Presenters following the end of the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle. Such paperwork is expected to include, among other things, an affidavit and release and will request any necessary information needed for tax reporting purposes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERAL NATURE OF THE PRIOR SENTENCE, AWARDS OF PRIZES TO THE LEADERSHIP SUMMIT PITCH BATTLE WINNER ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO NAR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY IT TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES REQUIRED BY LAW TO BE WITHHELD BY NAR. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNERS. NAR reserves the right to declare any winners until after NAR has received and verified the signed paperwork from the prospective winners. If the prospective winner does not complete, sign and return the required paperwork within seven (7) days of request (unless NAR in its discretion approves in writing to a longer time) or comply with such laws, NAR may, in its sole discretion, declare that your prizes have been forfeited and/or select an alternate potential winner.
- This Site, the Leadership Summit and the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle are based in the United States and intended only for the use of those who may legally access the Site, attend the Leadership Summit, and participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle under relevant U.S. laws and regulations (including but not limited to U.S. export control laws and regulations and/or sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control). Contestant agrees to use this Site, attend the Leadership Summit and to participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. Contestant may not use the Site, attend the Leadership Summit, or participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle for any unlawful purpose or engage in any conduct which restricts others from enjoying the Site, the Leadership Summit and/or participating in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle. Contestant must comply with any and all applicable rules and restrictions of physical site at which the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle is held. NAR reserves the right to expel any individual from the premises or to remove the individual from the Leadership Summit and/or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle if the individual is not authorized to attend the Leadership Summit, to participate or be present at the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, violates any rules or restrictions of the premises where the Leadership Summit and/or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle is being held, violates these Terms and Conditions, and/or is otherwise disruptive or engaging in activities detrimental to the conduct of the Leadership Summit or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, all as determined by NAR in its sole discretion.
- This Site, the Leadership Summit and the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle are made available on an AS-IS, WHERE IS, and any and all implied warranties or duties are hereby disclaimed. NAR can discontinue the Site, the Leadership Summit and/or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, or suspend or postpone the Leadership Summit or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, at any time in its sole discretion.
- This Site may include links to third-party sites which are not under the control of NAR. NAR is not responsible for the content or operation of such sites, which may have their own terms. The inclusion of a link to a third-party site does not imply endorsement, review, or approval by NAR.
- Content on the Site and linked pages includes materials of NAR and/or its content providers. NAR and its relevant content providers reserve any and all of their respective rights in such materials. You are authorized to access and use such materials solely with respect to registration for, application and/or participation in the Leadership Summit and the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle. You may not use the Site or any materials on it for any unauthorized purpose. All rights not specifically granted are reserved.
- The Site, the Leadership Summit, the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Regardless of your location, any disputes that arise under these Terms and Conditions will be litigated before a court in Cook County, Illinois.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, NAR, its directors, officers, members, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, vendors, contractors, content partners and sponsors (collectively, “Indemnitees”) will not be liable for any damages, losses or claims resulting from any person’s attendance, participation (or attempted participation) in the Leadership Summit or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle and/or this Site. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Indemnitees are not responsible for technical problems or technical malfunction or other occurrences which may affect the operation of the Site, the Leadership Summit or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle, including but not limited to: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; failure of any e-mail or website transmissions to be sent to or received; inaccessibility of any third party service being used in connection with the Site, the Leadership Summit or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle (including but not limited to any third party websites or Internet service providers); traffic congestions on the Internet or the Site; and/or inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account, app or other item used or desired to be used in connection with the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle or this Site). To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, all Contestants and any other individuals using this Site, attempting to attend the Leadership Summit, and/or participate in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle hereby release the Indemnitees from all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to their attendance of the Leadership Summit or, participation or attempted participation in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle and/or this Site.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Indemnitees from and against all claims, suits, actions, losses, expenses, damages, penalties, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees resulting from: any actual or alleged violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, your Presenter, use of the Site by you or your Presenter, attendance of the Leadership Summit by you or your Presenter, and/or the participation in the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle by you or your Presenter, and/or that may arise out of or in connection with the Contestant’s Pitch materials, including without limitation any allegations of infringement of the intellectual property rights of third parties with respect to all content of the Pitch materials developed, submitted and/or presented by Contestant.
- If any portion of this these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or governmental agency of competent jurisdiction to violate applicable law or otherwise not to conform to requirements of law, then the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect and the parties will substitute a suitable and equitable provision for the invalid/unenforceable provision in order to carry out the original intent and purpose of the original Terms and Conditions.
- You may not assign, delegate, or transfer your registration for the Leadership Summit or the Leadership Summit Pitch Battle and/or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions. Any attempted assignment, delegation or transfer shall be void.
Version Date: 5/15/2023