Thank you for your interest in the iOi Pitch Battle (“Pitch Battle”) for 2019 organized by the National Association of REALTORS® (“NAR”). For the Pitch Battle, NAR will select a limited number of companies to compete as Pitch Battle contestants live in front of the iOi Summit 2019 conference attendees (agents, brokers, VCs, tech gurus, and more) and Pitch Battle judges taking place at the Hyatt Regency Seattle in Seattle, WA and one (1) contestant will be selected as the Pitch Battle winner.
BY APPLYING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PITCH BATTLE, PARTICIPATING OR ATTEMPTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PITCH BATTLE AND/OR USING THE PITCH BATTLE AND/OR iOi SUMMIT SITE (“Site”), YOU (“Company” or “You”) AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (“NAR”) WITH RESPECT TO THE iOi SUMMIT, PITCH BATTLE AND THE SITE. NAR has the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, which modification will be effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, NAR recommends that You check this page periodically. To make Your periodic review more convenient, NAR will post a date at the bottom of this page.
What is the iOi Pitch Battle?
The premise is simple, each Pitch Battle contestant makes a pitch on how the contestant’s tech product or service can improve the real estate industry; residential or commercial. Contestants will be given four (4) minutes to make their pitch and will then have to answer questions from the Pitch Battle judges. Once each contestant has gone through this process, the Pitch Battle judges will select one (1) winner from all the contestants.
Dates and Times of the Pitch Battle
The Pitch Battle event begins Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 1 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time through Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time. However, please note that certain Pitch Battle activities must take place only during certain times as indicated in the schedule. The schedule is incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and can be found here (but is subject to adjustment by NAR). Schedule below is subject to change.
- Wednesday August 7, 2019, Deadline to complete a 30-minute coaching session, coordinated by NAR, and submit a logo, description, and optional handout for the mobile app.
- Tuesday August 20, 2019, 2 - 5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time – Pitch Battle Prep
- Wednesday August 21, 2019, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time – Live Pitch Battle
- Thursday August 22, 2019, 9 a.m. – Winner announced
Location of the Pitch Battle
The Pitch Battle event will be a part of the iOi Summit and held at the Hyatt Regency Seattle, 808 Howell St, Seattle, WA 98101. The representative/presenter from the Company, as listed on the Application, must be physically present at the Hyatt Regency Seattle during Pitch Battle hours to be eligible to win.
If selected to be a Pitch Battle contestant, You will receive one (1) complimentary all-access non-member pass to attend the iOi Summit 2019 for use by your representative/Presenter. A unique registration code will be provided to selected Pitch-Battle contestants.
Travel, lodging and refreshments
If selected to be a Pitch Battle contestant, You are responsible for Your own travel, transportation and accommodation arrangements and for covering all associated costs and expenses in connection with the Company’s and its Presenter’s participation in the Pitch Battle and attendance of the iOi Summit. Lodging at the host hotel venue is encouraged but not required. However, certain food and non-alcoholic drinks may be available during the Pitch Battle.
Hardware and Software
Each contestant must bring or obtain whatever hardware and/or software it needs to compete in the Pitch Battle (e.g. laptops, phones, etc.), including any necessary chargers and dongles to project any visuals. Electrical outlets and power strips will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
Upon request, NAR will inform Pitch Battle contestants if any equipment or devices will be available to be loaned to contestants for use at the Pitch Battle event, or if NAR becomes aware of any additional data or materials for contestants use at Pitch Battle. Please be advised that any such data and materials could be made available solely via the Internet or other electronic means, and contestants will be responsible for having any necessary devices or Internet access if they want to access those data or materials. If the data and materials are made available through a third party website, contestants are responsible for reviewing any applicable terms for using such website and deciding if they are acceptable to Participant.
Who is eligible to participate?
The presenter or representative for each contestant (“Presenter”) must:
- be an adult at least 18 years old who is legally able to enter into a contract ; and
- be a lawful resident of the United States (for clarity, lawful resident does not mean you have to be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the United States—e.g., being in the U.S. and participating in the Pitch Battle subject to an appropriate visa is acceptable).
- While companies who are past or current members of the NAR REACH program are eligible to participate in the Pitch Battle, their participation in the NAR REACH program will not be considered in the selection of the Pitch Battle contestants, in the judging of the contestant’s pitch or in the selection of the Pitch Battle winner.
How to Apply
To be eligible to compete in the Pitch Battle, a contestant must complete a Pitch Battle Application which can be found on the iOi Summit website at
and indicate you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Registrations are limited and are on a first come, first serve basis, and NAR has the right to end registration or limit the number of registrants or contestants at any time in NAR’s sole discretion.
Collection/Use of Contestant’s Information
As described in more detail below in these Terms and Conditions, NAR may ask each contestant for additional information to confirm that the contestant is in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and/or (if applicable) are eligible to receive prizes. Contestant’s failure to provide such information within the requested timeframe may render a contestant to be ineligible. Please see NAR’s Privacy Statement for information about how NAR collects, uses and discloses information You provide. The terms of the Privacy Statement are incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions.
NAR offers no guarantee of confidentiality, either explicitly or implicitly, in connection with any data, materials or information submitted, presented, discussed or pitched by an applicant and/or contestant. NAR, the Pitch Battle judges and iOi Summit attendees will not sign non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements in connection with your application or participation in the Pitch Battle. You should not participate if you require a non-disclosure agreement.
You should confirm with Your appropriate advisors and/or legal counsel anyone that any intellectual property described in Your application or in your Pitch Battle pitch is legally held or licensed by You, is non-infringing and appropriately protected. You should be prepared to provide reasonable back-up documentation for appropriate documentation if requested by NAR.
By registering and applying to participate in the Pitch Battle, You agree to grant a license to NAR and the Pitch Battle judges to use Your data, materials, and information without restriction to conduct any reasonable due diligence for purposes of evaluation Your application, product and carrying out the Pitch Battle as described herein.
In addition, NAR will have the right to publicly post certain information about the selected Pitch Battle contestants, their pitches, their products and their applications, including but not limited to Your name and category of business and trademarks and logo, in the public areas such as NAR’s websites, publications and other media.
How do you become eligible to win prizes?
In order to be eligible to compete for the Pitch Battle prizes, You must have completed an application, be a selected contestant, participate in and attend all Pitch Battle related events and be a registered for the iOi Summit as a Pitch-Battle attendee. As described in more detail below in these Terms and Conditions, the Pitch Battle winner will be required to provide any requested proof of eligibility and to sign additional paperwork in order to be formally declared winners and to claim prizes.
Determination of Pitch Battle Winner
A panel of judges, selected by NAR, will judge and choose the winner based on the following criteria:
- Definition of the Problem or Opportunity
- Solution to Problem/Opportunity
- Impact of Solution/Idea
- Feasibility of Marketing and Implementing the Solution/Idea
- Presentation Style
This criteria is subject to change.
The Pitch Battle prizes are subject to and incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and can be found below. The prize listings may be supplemented or modified from time to time in NAR’s sole discretion.
- $15,000 (US Dollars);
- An article feature about the Pitch Battle winner in RISMedia publication;
- A 10x10 booth at 2019 REALTORS® Conference & Expo, taking place November 8-11, 2019 in San Francisco, California at Moscone North/South Center (a $3,700 value); and
- A Pitch Battle Trophy
Other rules and terms for the Pitch Battle
- Contestants understand that their selection and participation in the Pitch Battle does not represent any approval, promotion or endorsement by the National Association of REALTORS® of Contestants, their organization, products, services, statements or ideas. Contestants must not imply, suggest or make any representation of any approval or endorsement by the National Association of REALTORS® or association with the National Association of REALTORS® without its prior written consent.
- Contestants may not: use, or incorporate into their Pitch any inappropriate or unlawful content; take any action in violation of applicable laws or regulations; provide information or materials about another person without appropriate authority or permission; interfere with, remove or modify any terms and conditions, content or other materials posted on the Site; attempt to collect or solicit information about other contestants, iOi Summit registrants or third parties without their consent; or send unsolicited mail, advertisements, or other similar promotional material using the Site.
- Contestant understands and agrees that photos, videos and/or other recordings may be taken during the Pitch Battle. Contestant including its Presenter hereby grants NAR the perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to copy, use, display and publish the photos, any videotaped, photographed, and/or recorded materials in which Contestant or its Presenter appear in any online, electronic and/or print format (including but not limited any social media sites or platforms) for any educational and/or promotional purposes of NAR and/or its iOi Summit vendors, contractors, content partners and/or sponsors.
- All information submitted by contestant to register for the Pitch Battle must be true and correct. Contestant is responsible for keeping such information up-to-date.
- NAR may use certain third-party service providers (“Third Party Providers”) to support portions of the Pitch Battle (including but not limited to registration services). Such Third Party Providers may include, but are not necessarily limited to, Google Forms. By registering for the Pitch Battle through a Third Party Provider, the contestant agrees that You are responsible for reviewing the applicable terms and privacy policies of those Third Party Providers and that NAR is not responsible for interactions between You and those Third Party Providers.
- At any time, in the sole and absolute discretion of NAR, NAR will be entitled to disqualify a contestant and/or Presenter in the event of a failure to meet relevant eligibility criteria or any other violation or suspected violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- NAR will determine participation eligibility, declare the Pitch Battle winner (including but not limited to in the event of a tie), and award prizes in its sole and absolute discretion. Contestant agrees that such decisions are final and are not subject to review or reconsideration.
- Pitch Battle prizes awarded are non-transferable, and any non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for cash. The ability to offer and provide, and for any contestant to receive, any prize(s) are subject to applicable laws and regulations and to availability (including but not limited to any and all individual or entity donors or prospective donors having provided the relevant prizes and/or prize funding to NAR as anticipated). To the extent permitted under applicable laws and regulations, NAR may, in its discretion, arrange for certain prizes to be provided to the Pitch Battle winner directly by third party prize donors rather than by NAR.
- NAR reserves the right to verify the identity and eligibility of all applicants, contestants and its Presenters at any time. Without limiting the general nature of the prior sentence, prior to (and as a condition of) awarding any prizes, NAR in its sole and absolute discretion may require additional paperwork to be executed by the relevant contestants and their Presenters following the end of the Pitch Battle. Such paperwork is expected to include, among other things, an affidavit and release and will request any necessary information needed for tax reporting purposes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERAL NATURE OF THE PRIOR SENTENCE, AWARDS OF PRIZES TO THE PITCH BATTLE WINNER ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO NAR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY IT TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES REQUIRED BY LAW TO BE WITHHELD BY NAR. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNERS. NAR reserves the right to declare any winners until after NAR has received and verified the signed paperwork from the prospective winners. If the prospective winner does not complete, sign and return the required paperwork within seven (7) days of request (unless NAR in its discretion approves in writing to a longer time) or comply with such laws, NAR may, in its sole discretion, declare that your prizes have been forfeited and/or select an alternate potential winner.
- This Site, the iOi Summit and the Pitch Battle are based in the United States and intended only for the use of those who may legally access the Site, attend the iOi Summit and participate in the Pitch Battle under relevant U.S. laws and regulations (including but not limited to U.S. export control laws and regulations and/or sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control). Contestant agrees to use this Site, attend the iOi Summit and to participate in the Pitch Battle in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. Contestant may not use the Site, attend the iOi Summit or participate in the Pitch Battle for any unlawful purpose or engage in any conduct which restricts others from enjoying the Site, the iOi Summit and/or participating in the Pitch Battle. Contestant must comply with any and all applicable rules and restrictions of physical site at which the Pitch Battle is held. NAR reserves the right to expel any individual from the premises or to remove the individual from the iOi Summit and/or the Pitch Battle if the individual is not authorized to attend the iOi Summit, to participate or be present at the Pitch Battle, is violating any rules or restrictions of the premises where the iOi Summit and/or the Pitch Battle is being held, is violating these Terms and Conditions, and/or is otherwise disruptive or engaging in activities detrimental to the conduct of the iOi Summit or the Pitch Battle, all as determined by NAR in its sole discretion.
- This Site, the iOi Summit and the Pitch Battle are made available on an AS-IS, WHERE IS, and any and all implied warranties or duties are hereby disclaimed. NAR can discontinue the Site, the iOi Summit and/or the Pitch Battle, or suspend or postpone the the iOi Summit or the Pitch Battle, at any time in its sole discretion.
- This Site may include links to third-party sites which are not under the control of NAR. NAR is not responsible for the content or operation of such sites, which may have their own terms. The inclusion a link to a third-party site does not imply endorsement, review or approval by NAR.
- Content on the Site and linked pages includes materials of NAR and/or its content providers. NAR and its relevant content providers reserve any and all of their respective rights in such materials. You are authorized to access and use such materials solely with respect to registration for, application and/or participation in the iOi Summit and the Pitch Battle. You may not use the Site or any materials on it for any unauthorized purpose. All rights not specifically granted are reserved.
- This Site, the iOi Summit, the Pitch Battle, and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Washington.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, NAR, its directors, officers, members, affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, vendors, contractors, content partners and sponsors (collectively, “Indemnitees”) shall not be liable for any damages, losses or claims resulting from any person’s attendance, participation (or attempted participation) in the iOi Summit or the Pitch Battle and/or this Site. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Indemnitees are not responsible for technical problems or technical malfunction or other occurrences which may affect the operation of the Site, the iOi Summit or the Pitch Battle, including but not limited to: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; failure of any e-mail or website transmissions to be sent to or received; inaccessibility of any third party service being used in connection with the Site, the iOi Summit or the Pitch Battle (including but not limited to any third party websites or Internet service providers); traffic congestions on the Internet or the Site; and/or inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account, app or other item used or desired to be used in connection with the Pitch Battle or this Site). To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, all contestants and any other individuals using this Site, attempting to attend the iOi Summit, and/or participate in the Pitch Battle hereby release the Indemnitees from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to their attendance of the iOi Summit or, participation or attempted participation in the Pitch Battle and/or this Site.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Indemnitees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, losses, expenses, damages, penalties, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees resulting from any actual or alleged violation of these Terms and Conditions by You, Your Presenter, use of the Site by You or Your Presenter, attendance of the iOi Summit by You or Your Presenter,and/or the participation in the Pitch Battle by You or Your Presenter.
- If any portion of this these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or governmental agency of competent jurisdiction to violate applicable law or otherwise not to conform to requirements of law, then the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect and the parties will substitute a suitable and equitable provision for the invalid/unenforceable provision in order to carry out the original intent and purpose of the original Terms and Conditions.
- You may not assign, delegate or transfer Your registration for the the iOi Summit or the Pitch Battle and/or any of Your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions. Any attempted assignment, delegation or transfer shall be void.
- These Terms and Conditions (which, for clarification, includes the Privacy Statement and all other terms incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions), together with any iOi Summit and Pitch Battle registration represent Your entire agreement with NAR with respect to the Pitch Battle. These terms and conditions cannot be modified or changed except with the written agreement of NAR.
Version Date: June 18, 2019
- NAR gathers the following types of information:
- Contact information You provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone numbers, email addresses)
- Tracking information which NAR’s Web server automatically recognizes each time You visit one of NAR’s sites or communicate with NAR by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages You visit).
- Information You volunteer, via registration, applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
- NAR uses this information to:
- Notify You of information related to the iOi Summit, the Pitch Battle, NAR meetings, NAR events, or NAR.
- Connect You with other Pitch Battle contestants and/or iOi Summit attendees.
- Share with iOi Summit, Pitch Battle and Third Party Providers, sponsors, partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising for Your participation or any other contract NAR enters into with them or You or to provide You with information, products and services that you request from NAR.
- In the event NAR sells or buys any business or assets, in which case NAR may disclose Your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Email contact information. NAR does not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except that state and local REALTOR® association staff and leadership email addresses may be listed in the REALTOR® membership directories available on nar.realtor. NAR may use Your email address to directly send You information and may provide You with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by NAR together with other communications to which You have subscribed.
- NAR follows generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites. NAR tests their security procedures regularly and modifies them as new technologies become feasible.
- NAR utilizes a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs.
- You may edit your personal contact information directly by contacting NAR.
- Do-Not-Track Disclosure: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that allows You to communicate to websites that You do not want to have your online activities tracked. NAR’s system does not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers at this time.
Protecting children's privacy is extremely important to NAR. The Site, the iOi Summit and the Pitch Battle are not intended for the use of or designed to attract the attention of children. Registration for the iOi Summit and/or participation in the Pitch Battle is available only to those 18 or older or individuals, under the age of 18, who have written consent from his/her parent or legal guardian. NAR does not collect personal information from anyone NAR knows to be under the age of 18 unless there has been written consent from the individual’s parent or legal guardian. Children under 18 must not send or submit to NAR any information without written consent from their parent or legal guardian. If an individual believes his/her child under the age of 18 has registered for the iOi Summit or the Pitch Battle or provided NAR with information through the site without consent, please email NAR at email@example.com and NAR will use reasonable efforts to delete their account and remove their information, subject to the limitations stated above.
Links to third-party web sites may appear on some pages within the Site for your convenience and information. Using these links will cause You to access web sites that are not part of the Site. NAR recommends that You carefully review the privacy policies of each site You visit. In addition, although You may be registering for the Pitch Battle through a Third Party Provider site (such as Google Forms, NAR does not operate or control those third party services. You should review the privacy policies and privacy settings on such services before deciding to use them for your registration and account services.
Version Date: June 18, 2019