This advanced course provides a concise and thorough overview of Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges. At the conclusion of the course, students will:
- Understand recent developments including tax reform proposals to eliminate cap 1031 exchange tax deferral.
- Understand recent IRS guidance on 1031 exchanges including applicable Revenue and Private Letter Rulings.
- Learn about the IRS distinctions between property held for sale versus long-term investment.
- Understand the IRC Section 1031 tax code and exceptions.
- Review an in-depth analysis of partnership/LLC scenarios, reverse and improvement exchanges, related-party transactions, and determine how to avoid common pitfalls.