Europe & International Real Estate is a one-day course, which counts as an elective toward the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation. It introduces real estate professionals to the basic skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate international transactions with European clients, and is designed to benefit both experienced international professionals as well as those just getting started.
Upon successful completion of this course, a real estate professional will be able to:
- Discuss the social, economic, political, and geographical characteristics of major European countries.
- Understand international capital flow
- Discuss the history, purpose, and economic impact of the European Union.
- Identify important characteristics of certain European real estate markets including influential laws, business culture attributes and real estate/ brokerage practices.
- Assess opportunities in certain European markets by evaluating significant investment patterns, investor profiles and real estate activity.
- Identify ways to develop a business network and start or enhance an international practice with European clients or properties.
- Identify ways to promote properties, markets, and professional services.