At Home With Diversity® Certification Program Launches First-Ever Online Course in Spanish
The following information is provided by the Center for REALTOR® Development (CRD).
In partnership with NAR’s Diversity program, Center for REALTOR® Development is pleased and proud to announce the launch of the At Home With Diversity® (AHWD®) certification’s first-ever online course in Spanish. Launch of this course is significant from both a global and national perspective.
Spanish is the third most-widely used language on the planet, preceded only by Mandarin Chinese and English. As NAR continues to expand its mission and influence worldwide, having courses readily available in Spanish will help propel this effort.
At a national level, Hispanics are a powerful, growing, and uniquely positioned force in the U.S. population and economy. It is projected that by 2050, the United States will have the largest Spanish-speaking population in the world.
According to the seventh edition (2016) of the State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, published jointly by the Hispanic Wealth Project™ and the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®), in 2016 the “Hispanic rate of homeownership increased from 45.6 percent in 2015 to 46.0 percent in 2016, while the nation’s overall homeownership rate declined to 63.4 percent, a 51-year low.” The report goes on to project that between 2010 and 2030, Hispanics will account for 52% of all new homeowners in the U.S. “Since 2000, Hispanics Have added roughly 3.1 million new homeowners, a 73 percent increase.”
Furthermore, the report goes on to point to statistics which indicate that while Hispanics will account for 56 percent of new homeowners by 2030, the real estate industry has not kept up with the demand for appropriately prepared and trained real estate professionals to serve them effectively. Twenty-five percent of Hispanic buyers prefer to work with real estate professionals who can assist them in Spanish. Similarly, in a recent survey of NAHREP® members, 40% indicated that their clients require Spanish-speaking assistance—especially to help navigate the culturally unique challenges posed by multigenerational perspectives and financial literacy.
With AHWD® in Spanish, bilingual agents will be able to effectively serve all types of Spanish- and English- speaking clients by learning to assess and understand diversity in local markets, minimize risk, and build a business plan that services all client types.
- The online course is available for purchase at NAR’s online learning platform, Center for REALTOR® Development at: onlinelearning.REALTOR.
- The price of the course is the same as for the English version, $99. However, it will be offered at an introductory price of $79 for its first three months post-launch.
- Currently, the Spanish course is only available in online format.
- For more information about NAR’s At Home With Diversity® (AHWD®) certification, go to www.ahwd.REALTOR
- This course helps real estate professionals:
- Assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry.
- Build a business plan and selling strategy to successfully service all client profiles.
- Understand basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin.
- Apply for NAR’s At Home With Diversity® (AHWD®) certification
- Receive education credit toward the ABR, GRI (depending on state), CIPS, CRS, and PMN designations
For more information about the online AHWD® course in Spanish, check out its product page. The course is currently being offered for a limited time at an introductory price of $79, which is $20 off its regular price of $99.
For more information, visit onlinelearning.realtor.
Approved Copy For General Use
In partnership with NAR's Diversity program, Center for REALTOR® Development is pleased and proud to announce the launch of the At Home With Diversity® (AHWD®) certification's first-ever online course in Spanish. Spanish is the third most-widely used language on the planet. At a national level, Hispanics are a powerful, growing, and uniquely positioned force in the U.S. population and economy. Between 2010 and 2030, Hispanics will account for 52% of all new homeowners in the U.S. With AHWD® in Spanish, bilingual agents will be able to serve all types of Spanish- and English-speaking clients with cultural competence.
Coordinator, Professional Development
Managing Director, Professional Development
Managing Director, Center for REALTOR® Development