At Home With Diversity® Certification Program Launches First-Ever Online Course in Spanish
In partnership with NAR's Diversity program, Center for REALTOR® Development is please and proud to announce the launch of the At Home With Diversity® (AHWD®) certification's first-ever online course in Spanish. Launch of this course is significant from both a global and national perspective.
Spanish is the third most-widely used language on the planet, preceded by only Mandarin Chinese and Hindi; English is in fourth place. As NAR continues to expand its mission and influence worldwide, having courses readily available in Spanish will help propel this effort.
At a national level, Hispanics are a powerful, growing, and uniquely positioned force in the U.S. population and economy. It is projected that by 2050, the United States will have the largest Spanish-speaking population in the world.
According to the sixth edition (2015) of the State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, published jointly by the Hispanic Wealth Project™ and the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®), in 2015 “Hispanics were the only major ethnic group to raise their homeownership rate – and for the first time in ten years – the rate of Hispanic homeownership spiked while the overall rate in the U.S. declined.” The report goes on to project that between 2010 and 2030, Hispanics will account for 52% of all new homeowners in the U.S. “The last time Hispanics achieved these types of owner household gains was in 2005.”
In a recent NAHREP® survey of real estate professionals, 38% of respondents said that more than half of their clients require Spanish as the main language in the home-buying process. In a transaction as important as buying a home, the communication component makes working with a culturally-educated and culturally-competent real estate professional a necessity.
With AHWD® in Spanish, bilingual agents will be able to effectively serve all types of Spanish- and English- speaking clients by learning to assess and understand diversity in local markets, minimize risk, and build a business plan that services all client types.
- The online course is available for purchase at NAR’s online learning platform, Center for REALTOR® Development at: onlinelearning.REALTOR
- The price of the course is the same as for the English version, $99. It will be offered at an introductory price of $79 for its first three months post-launch.
- As of February 2017, the Spanish course is only available in online format.
- For more information about NAR’s At Home With Diversity® (AHWD®) certification, visit: https://www.nar.realtor/designations-and-certifications/at-home-with-div...
- The course helps real estate professionals:
- Assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry.
- Build a business plan and selling strategy to successfully service all client profiles.
- Understand basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin.
- Apply for NAR’s At Home With Diversity® (AHWD®) certification
- Receive credit toward the ABR®, CIPS, CRS, RSPS and PMN designations.
Approved Copy for General Use
In partnership with NAR's Diversity program, Center for REALTOR® Development is pleased and proud to announce the launch of the At Home With Diversity® (AHWD®) certification's first-ever online course in Spanish. Spanish is the third most-widely used language on the planet. At a national level, Hispanics are a powerful, growing, and uniquely positioned force in the U.S. population and economy. Between 2010 and 2030, Hispanics will account for 52% of all new homeowners in the U.S. With AHWD® in Spanish, bilingual agents will be able to serve all types of Spanish- and English-speaking clients with cultural competence.
Coordinator, Professional Development
Managing Director, Professional Development
Managing Director, Center for REALTOR® Development