This comprehensive course covers fundamental elements of commercial real estate that every practitioner should know. The course is divided into mandatory topics and elective topics.
Mandatory topics include:
- Ethics & Professional Standards
- Understanding the Lease Agreement
- Define terminology.
- Understand construction techniques.
- Identify what tenants are looking for in commercial facilities today.
- Understand how ethics relates to business practices.
- Differentiate ethical issues from legal issues.
- Understand the due process available to a commercial real estate professional involved in an ethics dispute.
- Understand lease clauses and their legal and negotiation implications.
- Discuss the roles of all the parties in a lease negotiation process.
Elective topics include:
- Advanced Sales Skills
- Build-to-Suit Development
- Consolidating a Business Strategy
- Introduction to Real Estate Investment & Finance
- Negotiation Skills
- Tenant & Landlord Representation
- Learn how to executive a build-to-suit lease development.
- Learn the land-use development process.
- Structure a developer’s pro forma for a build-to-suit scenario.
- Identify the skills and techniques in making people like you.
- Learn how to differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Recognize critical first steps in commercial real estate.
- Develop an effective marketing plan and business strategy.
- Understand the financial impact of a lease.
- Determine the value of real estate and the impact a lease has on that value.
- Learn how to read a financial statement.
- Focus on ways to get to the Yes.
- Learn how to achieve a win-win.
- Define brokerage roles and assignments.
- Understand advantages and disadvantages of both tenant representation and landlord representation.