2018 Q4 Commercial Real Estate Market Survey
Download (PDF 1.7 MB)
The REALTORS® Commercial Real Estate Market Trends measures quarterly activity in the commercial real estate markets, as reported in a national survey. The survey collects data from REALTORS® engaged in commercial real estate transactions. The survey is designed to provide an overview of market performance, sales and leasing transactions, along with information on current economic challenges and future expectations.
- The fourth quarter of 2018 recorded continued advances in investment sales in REALTORS®’ commercial real estate markets.
- Sales volume rose by 2.3 percent on a yearly basis, as cap rates ticked up.
- The shortage of available inventory remained the principal concern for REALTORS®, as a wide pricing gap between buyers and sellers affected over 25 percent of respondents.
- Prices advanced at 1.8 percent year-over-year.
- Leasing activity declined during the quarter, as vacancies experienced upward pressures.