To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, the National Association of Realtors® is going green.
Recent data has shown that Realtors® are seeing green properties and energy efficient homes becoming more popular with home buyers. According to the NAR Sustainability Survey, nearly half of Realtors® see consumer interest and demand for greener, more sustainable properties. Below are highlights from the report.
Regarding renewable energy and its impact on the real estate market, according to Realtors®:
- 43 percent report their MLS has green data fields
- 27 percent involved with between 1 to 5 properties that had green features
- Nearly 40 percent said clients find green spaces important
- 80 percent of Realtors report solar panels in their market
- Seven in 10 said that energy efficiency promotion is listings was very or somewhat valuable
Home features that Realtors® said their clients consider important:
- Home’s efficient use of lighting (50 percent)
- Smart/connected home (40 percent)
- Green community features such as bike lanes and green spaces (37 percent)
- Landscaping for water conservation (32 percent)
- Renewable energy systems such as solar and geothermal (23 percent)