- Although social media has rapidly penetrated market communications, the use of social media has not changed much between the 2010 and 2011 surveys.
- Almost half of members are using social media while an additional 9 percent plan to in the future. In the 2010 survey, only 35 percent of REALTORS® used social networking websites, and 14 percent planned to do so in the future.
- The use of social networking sites is more widespread among younger REALTORS®, with over 8 out of 10 of those aged 29 or younger using such sites.
- One in ten members reported having a real estate blog. That number did not change from the year before.
- Among all REALTORS®, those younger than 39 years of age are more likely to have a blog, though 6 percent of those over 60 also have a blog.
Search Economists' Outlook