Leadership 400: Taking the Reins
Leadership 400: Taking the Reins in Boston, MA
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET
Hurry, space is limited! Register today: www.register.realtor
Steve Francks, RCE, CAE
Alain Pinel REATORS®
NEW! This new course is designed for presidents and presidents-elect to better understand their responsibilities during their year in office. This highly interactive blended learning course will help prepare new presidents and presidents-elect to take on the position with confidence in a combination of online pre-work and a live 7 hour session. You’ll learn powerful approaches to managing meetings, group decision making, governance principles, risk management and a number of other topics that will help you lead your association to success.
How does a president support the board to fulfill its duties?
- Governance Principles
How do boards apply good governance?
- Case study analysis on governance issues
How do groups make good decisions?
- Types of decisions
- Group decision-making questions
How do associations achieve long-term goals?
- Situation-based activity
- Tips for achieving long-term goals
How do boards effectively manage risk?
- Organizing for risk management
- Risk maps and risk registers
How do presidents chair great meetings?
- Board agendas
- Mock meeting practice sessions
How do presidents build relationships during conflict?
- Principles for leading through conflict
- Relationship principles in action
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the principles on which good governance is based
- Identify elements that impact effective board governance
- Assess the board’s ability to adhere to governance principles
- Identify and eliminate barriers to achieving the association’s long-term goals
- Recognize, prepare for and address risk
- Provide input on and use an agenda effectively during meetings
- Apply ground rules when chairing meetings
- Facilitate motions and amendments that lead to good decision making
- Chair effective meetings and handle meeting challenges as they arise
- Manage issues in the context of relationships