REALTOR® University partnered with an award-winning team with over 20 years' experience in custom online development and a best-in-class testing firm with over 70 years of global leadership training experience to create a first-of-its-kind experience to the public: a leadership assessment tool backed by industry research and insight from nationally recognized leaders.
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Leadership Academy applicants should complete the REALTOR® University Leadership Assessment as part of the application process. This scenario-based assessment is designed to take no longer than 30 minutes.
While there is the option of taking the assessment in stages over a longer period, it is highly recommended that the assessment be completed in a single sitting. Links to the assessment and a step-by-step user guide are provided below.
- You will use your NRDS ID to log in to the assessment. If you do not know your NRDS ID, you can look it up online or call Information Central at 1-800-874-6500.
- A single scenario score is not an indicator of your overall score; each scenario is designed to test specific competencies/sub-competencies. Your overall score will be calculated using your decisions from each scenario.
- You can re-take the assessment as many times as you want; there is no limit.
- You cannot “fail” this assessment; this assessment identifies areas of leadership in need of improvement, it does not indicate “failure”.
- You can improve your score by taking the recommended training courses. A low score on an initial attempt is very common; the best way to bring it up is to learn leadership behaviors and put them to practice in your next attempt.
- While this assessment is an important part of the application, its primary use is to enhance the incoming NAR Leadership Academy's class experience by selecting guest speakers and opportunities that will aide in the growth and development of future leaders at the association.